Sunday, March 28, 2010

My next project.....

So, my next project is the adorable Smocked Round Pillow. I know I set a much longer deadline for this one than I had in the past but I have started it I have come to realize that this project is going to take some time. I had to make a decision on what to do, so I decided to continue to work on the pillow while continuing through other projects in the book. I don't want to prolong it any longer than I have to but I also don't want to keep you all waiting for more. I PROMISE I will post the pillow as soon as it is finished so for now, I am on to the next project which is the 2 Drawer Filing Cabinet Cover. It will be up on the blog this week so don't give up on me, and keep checking back!!

Saturday, March 20, 2010

Project #7....Ruffled Cafe Curtain

I swear my kids are making out pretty good with all these projects!! I ended up doing these adorable curtains for Taylor's room. They match her room exactly, and are oh so cute. She absolutely loves them. They were again, SUPER easy, and only took about an hour to make. Sorry the pictures aren't the best....I am so in love with natural light, and it is so hard to get that in a bedroom. Oh least I finished them.

Here is what you need.....

  • One yard total of fabric.....I used sheets since I knew they would match all the other stuff in her room perfectly
  • A curtain rod to fit your window
  • "One Yard Wonders....101Sewing Projects" by Rebecca Yaker & Patricia Haskins

Project #8 will be up on the blog by April's a tricky one!! I know this seems like a long time but I am participating in the Simple Treasures Boutique this week and have a ton of stuff to finish!! I PROMISE it will be worth the wait!!

Friday, March 19, 2010

A day late.....

Honestly, project #7 is done and has been for 2 days. It has just been crazy around here and I haven't been able to get pictures when there is good light. I PROMISE I will post it tomorrow. It is pretty dang cute....if I must say so myself!!

Monday, March 15, 2010

Project #6....Organized Bed Pocket

I have seen these so many time before and thought "I really need to figure out how to make those. They would be perfect for the kids." Can you imagine how excited I was when I saw these in my new favorite book? They were EXTREMELY easy....finished BOTH of them in under 2 hours!!! I made mine with 3 pockets instead of the 2 that was shown in the pattern. Just made more sense....we use them for the remote, books, and flashlight. I would HIGHLY recommend making these!!! Super cute, super easy, and super organized!!

Here's what you need......
  • One yard of fabric

  • 1 package of 1/2" double fold bias tape

  • 1 rubebrized shelf liner

  • "One yard wonders....101 sewing projects" by Rebecca Yaker & Patricia Haskins
Cole's with soccer stuff....of course!!

Taylor's in my favorite polka it!!!!

This pic shows how you use the rubberized shelf liner to keep it in place under the mattress.
The next project will be posted by Friday, March 19th!! Make sure to check back!!

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Project #5......Mailbag Pocket Duo

So adorable are these!! They were SO simple, and only took me about an hour to cut out and sew!! So worth a cute storage solution.....and it keeps all your mail or other junk off the counters and table. I am planning on using them in my sewing room to store stuff....I am so excited!!! Here is the only change I made....they said to use "ribbon to hang your mailbags from nails or pretty hooks on the wall". I stapled and glued 1.5" grosgrain ribbon to 13" dowels, threaded it through the loops, and waalaa!!

Here is a list of what you's just a list of supplies

  • One yard of fabric....any weight or width
  • "One yard wonders.....101 Sewing Projects" by RebeccaYaker & Patricia Hoskins

Just a quick shout out.....

While patiently waiting for my next project to be posted, check out my sewing blog to see what is available to purchase and other fun, fun, fun stuff!! It is

Monday, March 8, 2010

Project #4......Dresser Organizer & Charging Station

So admittedly, this project was not one of my favorites. Though it was really easy, even with having to machine quilt the interior, it just wasn't functional for me. I omitted the cut out for the cords to come through if you were going to use it as a charging station...that just made no sense for me. I decided to make it to hold all of Taylor's hair ribbons instead. The instructions were easy to follow and accurate. Though it is cute, and serves a purpose, I probably won't be making another one of these. Good old baskets from the store are a much cheaper, and less time consuming option.

I am not going to give it all away but here is what you need to complete this project.....

  • One yard of fabric....duh
  • 1/2 yard of lightweight fusible interfacing
  • 1/2 yard of fusible fleece
  • 1/4 yard of heavyweight interfacing
  • A good ruler
  • Patience to REALLY read though the directions
  • "One yard wonders....101 sewing projects" by Rebecca Yaker & Patricia Hoskins

Project #5 will be up on March 11th!

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Project #3.....Folding Chair Pinafore Slipcover

Honestly, I wasn't entirely looking forward to this project...mostly because I thought it was going to be a lot of work. Now that I have finished it, I LOVED it! It was SO easy. The hardest part was attaching the skirt to the front of the is one whole piece that attaches to the seat from one side, around the front, to the other side. The pleats along the top are really easy too. The way they are explained make total sense and I will totally use that as a guide in future projects. I am totally making these as a set so that my ugly black card table chairs can be cute and fun for parties!!

Check back on Monday, March 8th for Project #4. That is unless Adam gets to come home this weekend, and then there may be a few day delay. I am sure all who know our situation will totally understand!!