Monday, May 31, 2010

Decisions, decisions.......

So I know I said in the beginning that I was going to go project by project, beginning to end. Well, kind of like the Julie & Julia idea, who would want beef 5 days in a row? With Summer right around the corner, there are so many projects that are totally "season appropriate" that are way off in the middle of the book. SO I made the executive decision to continue my way through the book, completing EVERY project, but now I am going to do them in the order I would want to make them. For example, I should be on the Cottage apron, BUT I REALLY want to make the Beach Time Towel Tote. I am also thinking that this will make my projects more consistent. I am hoping to do a few a week during Summer break. How AWESOME would that be? Plus that will give way for more giveaways, and more fun for all!!


If you have any comments or suggestions, please comment!! Who knows, I may just give something away to some lucky follower!! I have been feeling pretty generous lately!!


Thanks again for being my loyal followers.....I should be posting a project later today.

7 comments:

  1. go for whatever you want to make...i still will be thrilled to read and see what your version is like

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beach-Time Towel Tote! My personal favorite! Based on the fact that a number of lawn chairs are wider than the simple folding one I used years ago to create the pattern, you might widen the tote bag dimensions by a few inches to have more wiggle room for the more current chair width dimensions.
    -- michele

    ReplyDelete
  3. I say that you made a great decision! I can't wait to see the summertime stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would like to see you make the elephant! I really want to make this but am a little afraid it may be difficult. It would be nice to hear from someone who has done it before I attempt it.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know what? That makes perfect sense!! That way the blog won't seem like such a chore to get through before you get to what you want to make.
    (My next project from the book is the gardening apron!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I promised myself I would finish one project before moving on to another a couple of months ago...that lasted all of about one week. I'm currently elbow deep in five, yes 5 projects. Must love sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would do what you want in this case-I know this has been a while since you posted this but I am a new follower and I wanted to contrubute:)

    ReplyDelete